Saturday 26 October 2013

Getting A Little Personal

I am the type of person that appreciates personal space and time spent alone, but I never realized how intense that feeling was until recently. 

My sister moved to St. Vincent a little over two years ago when she got married and now that she's pregnant she decided to come back home to have the baby. I know doesn't really sound like a big deal, right, and I guess it isn't, but it's taking me a while to adjust to this.

I live in a four bedroom home, with my parents and brother, and we'll currently my sister. Unlike when we were growing up, the forth bedroom is currently unlivable (I call it the storage room) so my sister is staying with me in my room. Also shouldn't be a big deal, but it's a readjustment to me.

A little history: Even within my family, although we are really close I always thought of my room as my sanctuary and it has always been the space where I spend most of my time (even when my family members are all in the living room I was the one that was away from everyone else, always doing my own thing. MY SHELL APPARENTLY EXTENDS TO WITHIN MY FAMILY (but I have been working on that and we are a lot closer than we were in the past).

Anywhoooo, back on target...

It's really stranger for me to go back to being the "little sister" it's especially hard having her in a room with me. She is for lack of a better word...messy, and to me everything has it's place ( slight OCD complex, don't judge). I even have a routine, a time to get up, even a time to make my bed (again don't judge, lol), and that has all been messed up since she came....it's kinda annoying (I probably sound like a brat) but honestly I think anyone that is used to doing things a particular way struggles when somewhat pushed out of your comfort zone.

I must say, it is getting better, we don't wanna kill each other, I mean I do love her (shhhhhh....don't tell her I said that). 
This is another way that I'm breaking out of my shell, even though it's by force. It's good to break out of your typical schedule and accept things as they come, and that's what I'm trying to do.


I've got a while till her due date, if anyone wants to come teach her how to be more organized feel free, LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment