Sunday 17 November 2013

Seeing A Crack In The Shell



This journey has definitely been a learning experience, I have been learning things about myself that I believe I may not have noticed otherwise. This Friday was my sister's baby shower and I had to play host.

This got me thinking about the numerous times we have had 'limes' at my home and I would show my face for a period of time and eventually go back into my room and find something else to do. You would think this was situations where it was my parents' friends, but no, I would even do this with family, and not only at my own home, but also and other family members' homes. 

WOW! Am I that bad....or should I say "was"...please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem.

I truly do find comfort in being by myself, I feel confined when in big groups. I'm always nervous about what I should and should not say. My shyness was totally put to the test on Friday... Me going from being the girl who usually ends up in her room before the end of the night, to being the host....LIKE WHAT!!! Lol

It was totally not what I expected actually.

I was extremely nervous when the first game came along (and I did want to retreat to my room) but as the night went on it became easier....I even made a couple of jokes, and people actually laughed, lol. The night was a success, there were no awkward moments, and my sister had a blast (her words, not mine....I'm not lying, lol).

So the next time there's something at my home, I will challenge myself to not retreat to my room but truly make an effort to talk to people...

Things are always as bad as they may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment